– FLY FISHING INFO –
Effective June 1, 2021
|1 Person 1/2 Day||4.5 hrs||$300|
|1 Person Full Day||9 hrs||$400|
|2 People 1/2 Day||4.5 hrs||$350|
|2 People Full Day||9 hrs||$450|
|3 People 1/2 Day||4.5 hrs||$425|
|3 People Full Day||9 hrs||$580|
|Additional Person after 3 people 1/2 Day||$125|
|Additional Person after 3 people Full Day||$150|
Lunch is NOT included with all day trips due to the Covid-19 Virus Restrictions in place. (Please bring your own Lunch.)
Licensed, Bonded and Insured.
“ADVANCE CANCELLATION POLICY”
Cancellation 21 days or less will forfeit deposit. We try to re-schedule and carry your deposit to another date if possible. We request that re-schedules take place within 45 days and will expire in 6 months.
Cancellation on our part will allow for full deposit refund. All deposit refunds are subject to a 50% cancellation fee if cancellation is by customer. We accept no responsibility for expenses incurred or resulting from our cancellation. Unforeseen events, serious weather conditions, water level and conditions,etc. may result in having to reschedule the trip. We reserve the right to do so.
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT FOR A HARRY BLACKBURN GUIDE TRIP
FLY RODS & REELS
- For most fishing, an 8 1/2 to 9 foot, 4 to 5 weight Rods will be appropriate for Mammoth area waters ( East Walker and Crowley 6wt advisable ) It is reasonable to use 2 or 3 weight Rods under the right conditions. If streamer or large nymph fishing are in your plans, 6 weight Rods are best. It is always advisable to bring a spare rod with you. A standard trout size reel with a smooth drag and sufficient backing is recommended.
LEADERS & TIPPET
- For nymphing, 7 1/2 foot leaders tapered to 4x are most commonly used. General dry fly fishing requires 9 foot leaders tapered to 4x, 5x, and 6x. Tippet material from 3x to 6x should be carried at all times.
WADERS & BOOTS
- Many of Mammoth’s waters are extremely slick to wade, and it is essential to have felt soled boots, either teamed up with stocking foot waders or bootfoot, as you prefer. Breathable waders are the recommended choice due to their comfort in all weather conditions. Do not forget a wading belt and gravel guards.
- Recommend, long sleeve shirt, hat and rain jacket, possible fleece pants and heavy jacket for early spring and fall. Remember to dress in layers.
- Fly flotant, lead free split shot, clippers, sunscreen, polarized glasses, forceps and insect repellent should be in every angler vest. Don’t forget water bottles and if you are headed into the backcountry,
it is always advisable to carry Bug Spray.
- We use a wide range of patterns in Mammoth , depending on location, time of year, and conditions. Most of these are spring creek patterns in variety and size.